Show/hide product description
Get the Cliffnotes here!
Our Shield Maiden nipple guards are designed to assist moms like you and your babies facing a variety of breastfeeding challenges. Reasons a breastfeeding mama may need to use a nipple shield include latching difficulties, tongue ties, soreness, or having flat or inverted nipples.
Ceres Chill's patent-pending shields can help your little one properly latch and suckle more effectively. Our unique design allows for maximized skin-to-skin contact between you and your baby. They’re comfortable, breathable, and flexible to help build your breastfeeding success.
But the most AMAZING part for any exhausted new mom is the color-changing quality of our Shield Maiden: they temporarily change color when exposed to heat. Shield Maidens are colorless when at body temperature so they don't interfere with a more natural breastfeeding experience. To help you easily find them when they're not in use, the Shield Maidens become a highly-visible color when at room temperature. How cool is that?!
Each Shield Maiden is made of laboratory-tested, food-grade silicone that is velvety skin-textured on the side used by your nursing baby and smooth on the mama side so it adheres well.
All matched Shield Maiden sets include two nipple guards and a booklet by renowned lactation consultant Katie Dunning. The guide helps you to ensure this is the last set of nipple shields you will need.
If you’re not sure of your size (because really, who is?!) check out our amazing Magic Sizing Kit which comes with one 17mm shield, one 24mm and one 27mm shield. Nipples are cousins, not twins, so you might even use two sizes at once! If you find the set that works perfectly for you, please reach out to us at email@example.com for a 50% off code to apply to it.
Wait ... we're going on and on about ourselves! Why not hear the rest from Katie Dunning, the renowned lactation expert who was the inspiration for this product? (She also provided us with tips & tricks for using it as effectively as possible that comes with the Shield Maiden!)
- Preemies without the physiological development to effective nurse
- Overly slow or fast let-down — helps regulate the amount of milk received by the infant
- Allow damaged nipples to heal
- Teach a baby how to nurse with flat or inverted nipples, especially if they’ve become accustomed to a bottle
- Resolve nipple confusion from bottle-feeding
- Address tongue-tie, lip-tie, or abnormal palate
- The color change makes it easy to find
- The texture is more like skin
- More malleable than standard silicone which helps avoid painful pinching
- The softer tip is less foreign to the baby and causes less gagging
Contact us if you have questions sizing or about Shield Maiden nipple guards.
FSA, HSA, and HRA reimbursable — just submit your receipt to your provider for easy reimbursement!
*Use your Shield Maidens only for their intended use as described in this booklet and do not allow children to access or use them without the supervision of an adult. Children should not play with the ShieldMaidens or put them in their mouths. If swallowed, any nipple shield or guard is a choking hazard.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.