Show/hide product description
Our Shield Maiden nipple guards are designed to assist moms like you and your babies facing a variety of breastfeeding challenges. Reasons a breastfeeding mama may need to use a nipple shield include latching difficulties, tongue ties, soreness, or having flat or inverted nipples.
Ceres Chill's patent-pending shields can help your little one properly latch and suckle more effectively. Our unique design allows for maximized skin-to-skin contact between you and your baby. They’re comfortable, breathable, and flexible to help build your breastfeeding success.
But the most AMAZING part for any exhausted new mom is the color-changing quality of our Shield Maiden: they temporarily change color when exposed to heat. Shield Maidens are colorless when at body temperature so they don't interfere with a more natural breastfeeding experience. To help you easily find them when they're not in use, the Shield Maidens become a highly-visible blue when at room temperature. How cool is that?!
Each Shield Maiden is made of laboratory-tested, food-grade silicone that is velvety skin-textured on the side used by your nursing baby and smooth on the mama side so it adheres well.
Wait ... we're going on and on about ourselves! Why not hear the rest from Katie Dunning, the renowned lactation expert who was the inspiration for this product? (She also provided us with tips & tricks for using it as effectively as possible that comes with the Shield Maiden!)
- Preemies without the physiological development to effective nurse
- Overly slow or fast let-down — helps regulate the amount of milk received by the infant
- Allow damaged nipples to heal
- Teach a baby how to nurse with flat or inverted nipples, especially if they’ve become accustomed to a bottle
- Resolve nipple confusion from bottle-feeding
- Address tongue-tie, lip-tie, or abnormal palate
- The color change makes it easy to find
- The texture is more like skin
- More malleable than standard silicone which helps avoid painful pinching
- The softer tip is less foreign to the baby and causes less gagging
Each Shield Maiden set includes:
- Two nipple guards
- A carrying case that allows you to keep your Shield Maidens safe and clean on your nightstand or easily clipped onto your diaper bag when you're on-the-go
- A booklet by renowned lactation consultant Katie Dunning. The guide helps you to ensure this is the last set of nipple shields you will need.
Shield Maiden nipple guards are 24mm, the most universal, standard hospital distribution size. Our decision to make the shields 24mm was also based on testing by 100 moms with different breastfeeding situations and needs. Due to the material components and design of the shields, it was the most preferred size. Contact us for sizing information or with questions about Shield Maiden nipple guards.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.